When people talk about creating a brand they are not just talking about your logo. Your logo is the visual symbol for your brand. Your brand is the way your business is perceived in the market place by your customers and clients. So it’s not about what YOU say about your business, it’s about what OTHERS say about your business.
Your brand equity is about creating a relationship and a strong bond that will grow over time. Your aim is for it to be so strong that it will have the power to generate more money for products or services over other lesser known brands.
Building your brand is similar to building a close friendship – it requires 3 main ingredients:
• Consistent relationship over time
• Emotional connection
So how do you create a strong brand and how will you stand out?
• Start with the name of your brand. Is it edgy, easy to remember, appropriate, consistent with the image of your business?
• Differentiate – who are you, what do you do, why does it matter. Your answers should be persuasive and captivating! Features and price are important but benefits and experience are more important.
• Connect and collaborate – it’s not just about your team creating your brand in isolation; it’s also about your suppliers, distributors, partners and customers who will spread the word. Encourage feedback.
• Find the magic to make your customers passionate about your brand – logic will never light a fire in someone’s belly!
• Get creative – words, tag lines, design, look, feel – stand out, be memorable. This is where your logo and avatars will come into the picture and this will identify you and make you memorable. The most powerful brands combine creativity with strategy.
• Communicate – today it is all about 2-way communication. Social media requires interaction and connection and this is the new way of communicating. If you don’t have a social media presence you are missing out big time. People won’t buy for the sake of buying what’s thrown at them. They will take information that has gone viral through social media and blogs and then make decisions.
• Personality – the days of stuffy, corporations without a ‘face’ are gone. Be authentic and build your brand with your ‘personality’ and some ‘heart’. Don’t be afraid to show your passion.
Whatever you do, make sure you give your brand some life – make it relevant, give a clear message, be consistent and drive engagement.
HotsWots is a website design and development business with personal customer service that encompasses cutting edge design with technical expertise and an understanding of online marketing & SEO. Whether you’re brand new to the web or your online presence needs an upgrade, we’re here to listen to you and help you take your next step. http://www.hotswots.com