Social media is the use of web-based and mobile technologies to turn communication into interactive dialogue. Businesses can no longer ignore the massive growth and marketing potential of social media and popular social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube have millions of members. Some of the most popular statistics are phenomenal:
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the world’s 3rd largest, preceded by China and India.
- Between 2010 and 2011, Twitter’s tweets per day have grown 252 percent – from 27 million per day to 95 million per day.
- 71 percent of companies use Facebook, 59 percent use Twitter and 33 percent use YouTube.
- The number of companies that have launched corporate blogs has steadily increased from 16 percent in 2007 to 43 percent in 2012.
- Pinterest’s growth has been so great that it’s soon expected surpass Yahoo and become the fourth largest traffic source in the world.
- Flickr members upload 3,500 images per minute.
Time spent on social networking sites around the world has increased by 82% and it is still an untapped market. Every business today, whether small, medium or large, should be making the most of these sites and furthering their brand.
Advertising dollars spent on social media sites are proving to be the best ROI now that consumers want ‘recommendations’ for products and services rather than just being ‘sold to’ and social media management positions are the fastest job growth area around the world.
HotsWots can assist businesses to setup customised, social media sites on platforms such as Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs and other social community sites so that branding is consistent.
Social media can no longer be considered a fad and having a robust social media strategy is now critical to business. In fact, social media marketing has now given small to medium businesses an even playing field, meaning no longer do large corporations with large marketing budgets hold the monopoly.
From branded Facebook Fan Pages through to Twitter and YouTube, we can help you tap into this rapidly growing online market. HotsWots can provide Facebook Fan Pages that are linked to your website and if your website is a WordPress site, you will be able to edit/amend content in the admin panel of your website. Refer to www.facebook.com/HOTSWOTS and click on our Services button below the timeline banner to have a look.
Newbie to the world of social media and find it all too daunting or you don’t have time to manage your social media? HotsWots can provide a full range of social media services including assessment, strategy, training so you can manage your own campaigns or we can do the work for you and manage all your updates.
Call us today so HotsWots can assist you with your social media presence and strategy and help you make the most of the social media phenomenon!