Do you want to start off 2014 with a healthy website?
You may wonder what a healthy website is and why should you care? Websites require ongoing maintenance for everything to work well and to limit the chances of it being hacked. Without being too anxious about it all, there are a some simple things you can do to make sure your site has had a basic maintenance overhaul to start off the new year:
Tip 7 – offer value
If you want your visitors to buy from you, or even to leave their details as discussed in Post 6 in this blog series, you need to make sure you are offering them something of value. Think about what your visitors are searching for – more information or a particular product or service. Remember, offering value doesn’t have to equate to the cheapest deal!
Your value proposition should be:
- clear and simple – you want your visitors to know in a matter of seconds what your website is about.
- about the benefits of your products, information or services – people buy on emotion and ‘what’s in it for them’.
- about what differentiates you from your competitors.
- aimed at your target market.
Your visitors will shop around and they will look at 4 – 5 other sites before they make a decision. Think carefully about what sets you apart from your competitors and what is important to your target market, for example some ways you can set yourself apart are:
- Australian based and owned – state it on your website if that is important to your target market
- your prices may be more expensive on your products but you offer support and contact details so that your customers can reach you
- you offer a free consultation for your services so that your potential clients can get to know you before they commit to your service
- free shipping
- weekly/monthly specials
- money back guarantee
- a white paper attached with explanation about what your customers should be looking out for to get the most suitable product for their needs
Remember, adding value and giving something of value encourages your visitors to reciprocate and you want them to do this by leaving their contact details which gives you permission to contact them again or by purchasing your product or service from you. This act of reciprocity is how you start to build a good relationship. Today’s customers aren’t easily seduced. This is all about building a long term relationship – you are not looking for a one night stand!
HotsWots is a website design and development business with personal customer service that encompasses cutting edge design with technical expertise and an understanding of online marketing & SEO. If you would like us to check your website and help you convert more visitors, we will give you a FREE appraisal. Contact us at http://www.hotswots.com